Hotel Olšanka 3* Prague


 
I didn’t have time to look for hotel, I was buying the tour from the travel agent and had to choose very fast.
Since Prague isn’t that big, you don’t need to worry about location of your hotel. Among the variety of *3 suitable ones I chose one of the cheapest, only because I liked the name. Maybe it’s a silly way to choose, but I wasn’t let down at all. The hotel was not bad. It’s situated on Táboritská 1000/23 130 00 Praha 3.
The staff is mostly friendly, the rooms are clean, but WiFi is so slow and expensive. I guess I was spoilt with the fast cheap Russian Internet. I could only use Instagram and other social media and messengers, but it wasn’t enough for loading videos. And the access was only for one device, if you want to use WiFi on another device, you’ll have to pay again. The price of the room usually includes a breakfast buffet. The restaurant with the buffet is situated not far from the lobby to the right after the bar and elevators.
I personally liked the range of food  and drinks: salads, fruit, muesli, coffee, tea, milk, juices, sausages, pasta, porridge and etc. Usually it’s very crowded, so it’s better to come early. Russian kids (who often come to Prague with their teachers as a part of a school trip) are very hungry and grab almost everything away. German oldies watch these crazy Hunger Games with silent interest like a biologist watches a rear kind of an insect or an animal. The rooms remind me of Post Soviet era, at least the furniture. But rooms are only needed to rest from sightseeing, so my room was enough for me for that purpose. Especially I was surprised with a big wardrobe, even though I only had a little rucksack with me, most women like big storing spaces and will find it pleasing, I could easily hide in there if I were playing hide-and-seek.
I stayed only in a simple Double Room. People, who want something more, can choose a Luxury Double Room or an Art Deco Double Room Superior. My friend was staying in the Luxury Double Room, so I had a chance to check it out. The main feature of the room is a big terrace with a beautiful city view.
I think it looks lovely, but I’m not ready to pay more for such things, since you can go over the river Vltava, climb on the hill and enjoy the picturesque view of the whole city, like I did.
*Stayed May 2014
Value       6/10
Location 8/10
Clean       8/10
Service    9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Book Releases of September: "Even the darkest stars"

New Book Releases of September: "Nyxia" by Scott Reintgen

StarBucks in Prague